Longhorn Music, the official record label of the UT Butler School of Music, has earned a reputation for releasing exciting and engaging performances of classical music. The label aspires to capture the best musical moments offered by the Butler School and to distribute them to audiences worldwide, while providing an innovative hands-on education for students. Longhorn Music projects are distributed exclusively by Naxos America.
Longhorn Music goals:
- Teaching students in the recording arts and music business concentrations
- Supporting research in the Center for American Music with archival recordings
- Recording the performance achievements of ensemble and solo performances by faculty and students
- Collaborating with musical artists in all genres through special projects
- Publishing new discoveries in the creative and the performing arts